Masters Bocce League
- We will have a practice session on Monday, January 15, 2018 as part of the Masters Event at the River Club. League Play will be Friday afternoons starting January 19, 2018.
- Each of 10 teams will play each of the other teams ending in regular team play ending on March 16, 2018. Then there will be playoffs (the top 4 teams in season play will compete for the first 4 places) on March 23, 2018 and remaining teams will also be playing as part a Masters Party on March 26, 2018 – ending the season.
- Regular season games start at 3:30, but you are expected at the courts no later than 3:15.
- We have 108 players. Most teams have 11 players.
- This really is wonderful and it shows the spirit of The Masters.
- We all have the best intentions, but if anyone thinks they will miss 3 or more matches, please consider dropping out to allow the team sizes to be reduced, and allow more play. Just let Terry know by email at: email@example.com
- Below are team rosters. Please note your captain and teammates. The teams may be changed at any time to allow for drop outs or additional players.. Just like in the Big Leagues.
- Chelsea for Bocce is different than golf. When we obtain a court ,the email is sent immediately, seven days before the scheduled date. Therefore Captains are aware immediately of any difference in the normal time and can let you know.
- It is possible that we will not be able to get the 3:30 to 5:00 slot on each Friday. It might happen that we will have to take a 5:00 to 6:30 slot for some individual matches. If so your captain will know a week in advance and let you know.
- All the rest is fun and I am anxious to start as a player.
- We have a website where all the league info will be posted as it become available, and we expect to send weekly emails with match results and/or general news.
- We have a wonderful group of Captains:
Nancy and Jim Freeman – Team 1: Free Rollers
Fred Howard – Team 6: Team Howard
Jim Curtis =
Terry Mountford, committee chair and facilitator
Don Jancin, general emails and court times
Ben Bachrach, weekly emails and website